26 – 27 September 2017, Stockholm
During the CENTR Jamboree and the last L&R meeting the possibility of a separate Privacy Group meeting as an “add on” to the upcoming L&R meeting in Stockholm has been discussed. The meeting is not part of the L&R meeting but will be held separately for those who are working on the implementation of the GDPR.
The „Privacy GDPR Task Force” meeting will deal with topics relevant to us as ccTLD-operators, discuss the GDPR in depth and assess the need for legal analysis.
Examples of topics are:
- registrars as data controllers
- requirements of valid consent
- specifically looking into legal grounds of publishing registrant-data in Whois
- data portability
- legal grounds for processing of DNS-traffic and logs
- requirements to fulfill registrants’ rights
- the requirement of having a DPO etc.
CENTR will provide the participants with an agenda in due time and is pleased to invite those CENTR members who are working on the implementation of the GDPR to join this half-day meeting and take part in the work and effort of analysing the GDPR and its impact.
„Privacy GDPR Task Force“ Meeting
Director Names & Numbers,
eco – Association of the Internet Industry